This blog contains a platform for sharing the learning which goes on in Y4C at Dobcroft Junior School. It provides children with an opportuntiy to extend their learning outside the classroom as well as share their learning with family and friends using the photographs etc which are posted.
When writing comments, show off your fab VCOP skills by writing in full, detailed sentences. Remember to re-read each comment before submitting it.
Internet safety is very important to us at Dobcroft Junior School and using this blog gives the children the opportunity to apply their understanding of online safety and how to behave when on the web.
The points below outline how this is achieved when using this blog.
- Children are to only use their first name when commenting, where there are two children with the same name only use the initial letter of their surname.
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. You can post comments as “Harry’s Mum” or “Megan’s Grandfather”. Please do not post a child’s name next to their photograph.
- All photographs posted are checked my Mrs Crawford before posting to ensure only those children with permission for media and web are published.
- All posts will be checked by Mrs Crawford before they are published on the blog.
- Always be respectful for other people’s work – be positive if you are going to comment.
If you have any more concerns about the security of the blog then please pop into the classroom and have a chat with Mrs Crawford.